Non-profit charity are now seeking a Company Secretary for a period of 6-months. This will be 37.5h p/w, Monday to Friday predominantly be based at their head office in Morley, Leeds.
- Guide the chairman and the board to ensure they are operating in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Support the chairman in ensuring the board functions efficiently and effectively facilitate good communication between the board, committees, senior management and non-executive directors, and shareholders.
- Take responsibility for the administration of the company, for example: maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors, and secretaries, and shareholders with all their past and present shareholdings, organising board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs), preparing agendas and taking minutes
- File necessary documents with Companies House, such as annual tax returns and audit reports.
- Inform Companies House of any significant changes to the company’s share capital, administration or registered address.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Pay dividends and manage share option schemes and take a role in share issues, mergers and takeovers.
What to expect
- Work is mainly office-based.
- Formal business wear is generally expected.
- Chartered secretaries - those qualified via The Chartered Governance
A good honours degree is necessary and preferable for this postion.
You'll need to have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure
- The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members
- Management skills
- Teamworking skills
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
- A commercial frame of mind.
If you have any questions on the above or would like to be considered for the role, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Subscribe to alerts
This form collects your information so we are able to get in touch with you regarding your enquiry.