Non-profit organisation are seeking a Company Secretary on a full-time, permanent basis. This will be 37.5h p/w, Monday to Friday predominantly be based at their head office in Leeds. A full job description is available on request
Salary is competitive
- Guide the chairman and the board to ensure they are operating in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Support the chairman in ensuring the board functions efficiently and effectively facilitate good communication between the board, committees, senior management and non-executive directors, and shareholders.
- Take responsibility for the administration of the company, for example: maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors, and secretaries, and shareholders with all their past and present shareholdings, organising board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs), preparing agendas and taking minutes
A good honours degree is necessary and preferable for this postion.
You'll need to have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members
- Management skills
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
- A commercial frame of mind.
If you have any questions on the above or would like to be considered for the position, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Subscribe to alerts
This form collects your information so we are able to get in touch with you regarding your enquiry.