The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to deliver key Group outputs including the Annual Report and Accounts (ARA), bringing innovation and pace to delivering enhancements to the ARA process and disclosures, help oversee the efficient utilisation of the legal entity database and support with key team projects including the CoSec optimisation review and other governance initiatives across the Group.
In this role you will be:
• Supporting the process for and preparation of disclosures owned by the team in the plc’s Annual Report and Accounts, Interim Report and Form 20-F
• Ensuring the implementation of effective governance across the Group by promoting proper usage of board/committee templates and functionality within Digital Governance.
• Supporting the launch and delivery of strategic governance initiatives and projects across the business including the CoSec optimisation review.
• Developing and promoting best practice corporate governance requirements and standards to be adopted by members of the secretariat in their utilisation of the legal entity database.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
• Qualified company secretary or lawyer with experience in a high quality, large and UK listed complex organisation.
• Experience of acting as Secretary for a portfolio of companies within a Company Secretarial Department and ensuring applicable governance standards are met
• Strong knowledge of corporate governance principles, including driving high quality governance standards, via credible and practical experience.
• Excellent planning, stakeholder and project management skills and attention to detail when ensuring delivery of complex projects requiring input from multiple different teams.
• Financial services / UK regulatory experience is desirable but not essential.
This role is based in London or Edinburgh - Hybrid.