Specialist Bank are now seeking a Senior Company Secretary to provide company secretarial and administrative support to the UK Group Company Secretary and Secretariat department on a full-time, permanent basis.
A flexible hybrid working arrangement is on offer, typically being 2-3 days at the offices in London, EC2V and the rest from home.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in Secretariat function (preferably within Financial Services) and working knowledge of Diligent Boards.
Please find below a list of responsibilities and requirements for the role. If you have any questions or would like to be considered, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Description of role and key responsibilities
Responsibilities include (the aim of this list is to provide an indication only. It is by no means exhaustive):
• PLC compliance: assist in ensuring compliance with the UK Corporate Governance Code, UK Companies Act, UK Listing Regime and UK MAR, including drafting and arranging release of RNS announcements
• Board administration: support the Group Company Secretary in providing a full company secretarial service to senior Board Governance Committees
• Board administration: responsible for a portfolio of regulated and unregulated companies – including drafting reports to the boards on corporate governance matters, working with non-executive chairs to set agendas, monitoring actions and producing minutes
• Governance advice and processes: advise boards and senior managers on key governance and regulatory developments
• AGM: participation in the broader team planning and implementing the annual general meeting for Investec plc, including drafting relevant corporate governance sections for the annual report
• Operational efficiencies: drive operational efficiencies in core areas of company secretarial support – meeting administration, maintenance of statutory records, matters reserved for the boards and terms of reference
Core skills and knowledge
• Degree level and Chartered Governance Institute qualified
• Proven company secretarial experience within a commercial environment, preferably financial services
• Excellent knowledge of UK Corporate Governance Code and FCA regulations relevant to authorised firms, including experience dealing with SMCR related matters
• UK Companies Act, Disclosure and Transparency Rules and Listing Rules
• Collegiate manner and excellent communication skills – ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy in building relations with non-executive directors and senior managers
• Leveraging commercial awareness to deliver focused governance advice to internal stakeholders
• Working knowledge of Diligent Boards
Subscribe to alerts
This form collects your information so we are able to get in touch with you regarding your enquiry.